About Form + Function:
We’re seeking a creative & driven UI/UX designer to add to our team on a part time fully-remote basis. In your role as a UI/UX designer, you’ll gain broad hands-on experience crafting usable and accessible UI components, modular page sections and full page layouts, built to satisfy our clients’ business needs and look great in the process. Additionally, you’ll work with clients to create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes that effectively satisfy user needs and business metrics.
Best-fit candidates for this role are versatile designers with a strong desire to do their best work and craft engaging and high-converting web experiences through excellent design.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Design and document complex UI components and modular page sections for custom content management systems
- Communicate with development partners and iterate on designs to create usable and accessible interfaces for use within broad design systems
- Work within brand guidelines to create web layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints on the web
- Articulate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Proficiency in design software including Sketch, Figma and Invision
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- A natural eye for the clean visual aesthetic used in the technology space
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create visually appealing and effective designs
- A willingness to learn and receive feedback, excited to take on new challenges and grow skills through respectful collaboration with other talented people
- Experience working with an asynchronous, remote team
- The ability to maintain professionalism regarding communication, time, budgets and deadlines
- A firm grasp on the latest trends in digital design and a passion to continue learning and innovating in the digital space