JUNIOR VISUAL DESIGNER
About Form + Function:
We’re seeking a creative & driven visual designer to add to our team on a part-time fully-remote basis. In your role as a visual designer, you’ll gain hands-on experience crafting compelling graphics and layouts, built to satisfy our clients’ business needs and look great in the process. You’ll design for a wide range of digital mediums for clients in the tech and healthcare space, using your talents for clean and clear visual communication to create function and engaging designs for the web.
Best-fit candidates for this role are versatile designers with a strong desire to do their best work and craft compelling brand stories through visual designs.
Potential to grow into a full-time UX Designer role with good performance.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces and collateral, including websites, white papers, infographics, presentations
- Design user-centered wireframes and mockups
- Distill complex concepts into beautiful, compelling and easy-to-understand visuals
- Articulate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Proficiency in design software including Sketch, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A natural eye for the clean visual aesthetic used in the technology space
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create visually appealing and effective designs
- A willingness to learn and receive feedback, excited to take on new challenges and grow skills through respectful collaboration with other talented people
- Experience working with an asynchronous, remote team
- The ability to maintain professionalism regarding communication, time, budgets and deadlines
- A firm grasp on the latest trends in digital design and a passion to continue learning and innovating in the digital space